Tag Archives: JavaScript

CSS Flexbox Tips

Lately, I’ve been using CSS flexboxes quite a bit. They are a really powerful tool for aligning elements. However, understanding how they work took a bit of time for me but with experience, I think I’ve become quite adept at … Continue reading

Posted in Web Development | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

v0.7 Release – Reducing Code Duplication

I’ve decided to make a small change for this release along with the other changes that I have already outlined. I want to avoid code duplication as much as possible and thus I have decided to put code to create … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

v0.7 Release – The Scroll Bar Solution

As a part of one of my goals for this release I want to find a solution to the pesky scroll bar problem. I explained the problem and my futile attempts to find a solution in my previous blog post. … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , | 4 Comments

v0.7 Release – The Scroll Bar Problem

As a part of one of my goals for this release I want to find a solution to the pesky scroll bar problem. Let me explain: The Problem Basically, by default the pushlog only loads 10 entries, which doesn’t fill … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

v0.7Release – Retrieving the Total Number of Entries

Earlier today I outlined the goals of my current release. One of the problems I was looking to fix was with the function, getMaxEntries(). The job of this function was to create an xmlHttpRequest() in order to retrieve the maximum … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

v0.6 Release – Fixing Annotate for the Paper Theme

In my last release I had put out an hg annotate fix for the gitweb_mozilla theme. Dirkjan Ochtman, a Mercurial Project developer, noticed my release and asked me to come up with a similar fix for the Mercurial Project’s paper … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

v0.6 Release – Minor fix for bug 445560

All the way back in November 2008 I had put out a patch to implement expand and collapse functionality (for merge changesets)¬†for the pushlog. I had gotten an r+ review but I just needed to make some minor adjustments to … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

v0.5 Release Goals

My v0.4 release is over and done with. In that release I mainly focused on bug 459727 but for my v0.5 release I’ll be taking a look at a problem with hg annotate, bug 459823. The problem here is that … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

v0.4 Release Complete

As the title suggests my 0.4 release is complete! I’ve managed to fulfill all the goals (and more) that I set out to complete. I’ve posted a new patch for hg_templates containing all my changes. The following are all the … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

v0.4 Release – Loading More Entries onPageLoad

One of my goals for this release was to get the loading more entries onPageLoad functionality working properly concerning bug 459727. Currently I was getting an unresponsive script error. I’ve been struggling with this the last few days. I played … Continue reading

Posted in DPS911, Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment