Monthly Archives: December 2008

Some Reflections on The Open Source Course

Regular classes for this semester have finally come to an end which means that the open source course for this semester has also reached the finish line. This is the first time I’ve taken such a course. I think it … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

v0.3 Release Complete!

My v0.3 release has finally come to an end along with the course. Throughout this release I have put out a total of 7 patches spread over 3 bugs and wrote 13 blog posts (not including this one). I have … Continue reading

Posted in Fitness Journal, Mercurial Project | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Another Patch Approved, for bug 445560

I’m happy to report that another patch of mine has been approved by ted! This is for bug 445560. For this patch I had to make some changes after I initially put up the patch but they weren’t major ones. … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

v0.3 Release – Improved bug link for bug 459727

The pushlog has a buglink feature that changes a string that contains reference to a bug number into a link to that bug on BugZilla. This is done on the server side by hgpoller/buglink.py file. However, when loading more entries … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

v0.3 Release – Further Problems with Loading More Items, bug 459727

I put up a couple of patches today to fix problems with an earlier patch I had submitted for bug 459727. It seems that my fix for the problem of the initial results not loading enough entries to fill up … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

v0.3 Release – Fixing the Problems with my Patch for bug 459727

I’ve been busy trying to fix problems that had arised regarding the patch I submitted for bug 459727. All that is being done right now is fixing various small problems but the overall functionality remains the same. So the following … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

v0.3 Release – Problems with my Patch for bug 459727

Lately there has been some activity on bug 459727 concerning the patch I had submitted to implement an OnScroll feature for the pushlog. View comments 8 and 9 to see the problems that jorendorff as identified. So far there hasn’t … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

v0.3 Release – 1st Iteration of the Graph View

I’ve been working hard trying to get the graph view working for the¬†gitweb_mozilla template. Earlier, I documented the problems I was having. That is all resolved now and I’m moving on to bigger and better things. So my goal was … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , , , , | 1 Comment

v0.3 Release – A Problem with Getting data for the Graph View

hgweb has a graph function found in mercurial/hgweb/webcommands.py which returns a template. It also returns a variable called jsdata which contains all information that I want to display on the page along with the graph. Now, my problem was that … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

My patch for Bug 448707 Approved!

Some good news to report today. My patch for bug 448707 has been approved by jorendorff. He did find some problems but they were minor enough that they could be ignored for now. Getting an r+ on the first go … Continue reading

Posted in Mercurial Project, Open Source | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment